St. Johns Peppermint Parade coming up December 3
Jenny McCampbelle will be honored during the St. Johns Peppermint Parade on December 3 in downtown St. Johns at 6:30 p.m.
At the end of the parade Little Miss Mint Mackenzie Colley will light the community tree. Mayor Eric Hufnagel will present the key to the city to Saint Nicholas and read a proclamation for the 2021 Honorary Saint of the Year Jenny McCampbell.
Join in the festivities at the parade on December 3 and at the first ever Holiday Market on December 4 starting at 12 noon and going until 5:00 p.m There will be over 50 vendors and stores open for shopping, live Sugar Plum fairies dancing, a Live Nativity, visits with St Nick and more.
Pediatric Pfizer clinic happening this Saturday
Mid-Michigan District Health Department (MMDHD) will be holding a Pfizer first dose vaccination clinic for children ages 5 to 11 on Saturday, November 20 in St. Johns.
The clinic will be held at the MMDHD branch office located at 1307 E. Townsend Road in St. Johns and will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This clinic is by appointment only. Appointments can be made by visiting https://tinyurl.com/bppyr88d
– This clinic is for children ages 5 to 11
– This is a first dose clinic. Before leaving the clinic site you will be given an appointment to receive the second dose.
– The Pfizer vaccine will be available.
– There is no cost to receive the vaccine.
– Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
– Parents need to bring a photo ID
– Please bring the child’s shot records if possible.
The pediatric Pfizer vaccine consists of two shots, given at least three weeks apart with the doses being a third of what adults receive.
During clinical trials, the Pfizer vaccine was shown to be nearly 91 percent effective at preventing COVID-19 in children ages 5 to 11 with no serious side effects. The most common side effect was a sore arm.
For additional information on this clinic, please visit www.mmdhd.org
Last chance to see 2021 exhibits
The Clinton County Historical Museum will be showcasing the medical exhibit of many items and pictures from yesteryear through Sunday, November 21.
The new displays of the Victorian side porch and Mid-Century kitchen are also open.
After November 21, the Museum will be closed until May, 2022.
Check it out at 106 Maple, St. Johns, West of the courthouse square on Sunday 1 to 4 and Wednesday 2 to 6.
18th Annual Christmas Festival: is Saturday, December 4
The Sparrow Clinton Hospital Auxiliary will be among the 94 vendors selling at the Christmas Craft Show at the RESA Building from 9-3 on December 4.
Plan to do your Christmas shopping at the 18th Annual Christmas Festival Craft Show scheduled for Saturday, December 4. The event, sponsored by the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce, will be held at the Clinton County RESA building at 1013 S US 27 across from McDonalds in St. Johns from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More than 90 craft booths will sell homemade items such as pillows, quilts, jewelry, wood items, toys, flower arrangements and more. There will also be baked goods, honey and maple syrup, candy and many other food items.
Bring the kids from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. so that they can play free games and make free crafts. All kids entering the Kids Corner will receive a small treat bag.
When entering the building everyone will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets. More than 75 prizes will be awarded throughout the day. Everyone will also be eligible to enter The Grand Prize Drawing in the Vendor Rooms. Chamber Buck Gift Certificates and a certificate from Avery Eye Care Center will be awarded after the festival.
Postponed SJHS Theatre production rescheduled
The St. Johns Teatre production of Anything Goes at SJHS has been rescheduled for the following dates and times:
Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
The annual Santa Parade will be taking place in downtown St. Johns on Friday, December 3rd. Since a large number of students will be performing in the parade as members of the Redwing March Band, there will not be a performance on Friday, December 3.
Tickets may still be available for the rescheduled shows at sjdrama.ludus.com.
Used Book Drive is going on now
Clinton County RESA’s Great Start Parent Coalition Book Drive is underway from now through the end of November.
Books will help support the Little Free Libraries in Clinton County and will also be given to children at various Great Start Parent Coalition community outreach events.
Drop Off Locations include:
– Clinton County RESA 1013 South US 27 St. Johns, MI 48879
– Good Vibes Adult Foster Care 11755 E. Bluewater Hwy., Pewamo, MI 48873
– Fowler Village Offices 225 N. Main St. Fowler, MI 48835
– The little Flower Market 106 W. Main St. , Westphalia, MI 48894
– Village Food Pride 501 S. Main St. Ovid, MI 48866
– Cedar Creek Hospital 101 W. Townsend Rd. St. Johns, MI 48879
– Citgo/Elsie Town Tub, 133 N. Ovid St. Elsie, MI 48831
– Journey Federal Credit Union 1200 Zeeb Drive, St. Johns, MI 48879
– Journey Federal Credit Union 10667 E. Second St. Fowler, MI 48835
– Journey Federal Credit Union 1090 Baese Ct, Ovid, MI 48866
– White Bros. Music 13630 Main St., Bath Twp., MI 48808
– YMCA 13161 Schavey Rd. DeWitt, MI 48820
For more information or to schedule pick up: Please contact Larissa Contreras at
(989) 224-6831, ext. 2145 or email@example.com.